Notepad++ as default app in Windows 10 :
- Create a dummy file with the extension you wish to default to your program.
- Right click on the dummy file and select Properties.
3. Click Change and then select NotePad++ .
Click on OK and your done.
NotePad++ is not showing after click Change:
Choose <More apps>.
- Scroll to the bottom and select <Look for another app on this PC>
- Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Notepad++ and select <notepad++.exe> and select <OPEN>
- Close Properties and your done!
Step :1 – install Notepad++ and open it
Step :2 – Go to Settings > Preferences > File Association, select Notepad
Then move the .txt and .log extensions to Registered extensions. Close the dialogue, close Notepad++
Right-click on any .txt file > Open with… > select Notepad++