Tag: notepad ++ vs notepad
- A notepad is a simple text editor tool that comes with windows by default.
- It support almost all the languages.
- It saves the file with .txt extension.
- No individual line selection / line numbering
- Can edit most files
- File extensions have to be typed
- Notepad++ is a free source code editor which is a replacement of the notepad
- It additionally supports more languages
- Tabbed documents, spell checker, file comparisons, zooming and the find and replacement feature make it much more attractive
- Currently, there are 27 official plugins for Notepad++ that can be used to enhance the features of the application
- Line selection / line numbering
- Can edit all of them
- File extensions can be selected from a menu